Raw Vegan Papaya Chutney
Chutneys are a must have in an Indian household. Whether it is a simple cilantro chutney, or a coconut based one, or made with tomatoes, at any given point, most Indian households do have a good batch of chutney prepared, and sitting in their fridge, ready to be served with just about anything (no joke!).
Now this particular recipe is fully raw, but if you add the tempering, it ain’t raw anymore. (duh!)
Nevertheless, the tempering takes it to the very next level, so if you are not particularly oil free or fully raw, make it with the tempering.
- One big bunch Fresh Cilantro
- A handful of Fresh Mint
- 8-10 Green chillis
- 3 cups Fresh mature Coconut, scraped
- 5-6 big chunks of ripe Papaya
- Salt to taste
- Water to blend
- Coconut oil
- Mustard seeds
- Curry leaves
- Blend all the ingredients of the chutney in the blender until smooth. Take it out in a serving bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the tempering by heating the oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is nice and hot, add in the mustard seeds.
- Once they start fluttering, add in the curry leaves, mix well and switch off the flame.
- Immediately add it to the prepared chutney, mix and serve!
This could be make with other fruits such as mango as well. Or if you are not a fan of papaya, just skip it and enjoy a plain coconut chutney. It will taste delicious nevertheless!
Stay tuned for more recipes coming soon, and subscribe if you haven’t already, and get new posts right in your inbox!
If you have made it this far, watch this very same recipe on my YouTube channel!
Okay, show is over. Bubbye! 👋