Two Ingredient Coconut Macaroons
Traditional macaroons use eggs, crazy amounts of sugar, and what not! Ain’t nobody interested in that! So how do we go about making macaroons with no sugar and no eggs?
Since the title already tells you one of the two ingredients, I assume you have already guessed the second one! If not, then you are new to sugar free baking, isn’t it? So here’s the deal. Over ripe bananas. They add an amazing sweetness to your baked dish without the need of sugar, plus it has a binding ability like eggs. So you can replace the two ingredients (sugar and eggs) with just one (over ripe bananas). How cool is that?!
- One ripe banana
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- A pinch of salt (optional)
- Melted dark chocolate for decoration (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- In a bowl, mash the banana with a fork or a potato masher.
- Gradually add in the coconut until it is well incorporated. Add in the salt too if you choose to at this point.
- Form into macaroon shaped balls with your hands or just use a spoon and place on a baking tray lined with a silicon baking sheet/ parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until evenly golden brown.
- If you choose to, once the macaroons have cooled down, drizzle the melted dark chocolate over, and enjoy!
PS. You can form it into any shape you like, disks for round cookies work well too!
Stay tuned for many more simple recipes, and subscribe for new posts straight in your inbox, if you haven’t already, so that you don’t miss out on anything! 📥