Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Everyone loves a good Hummus. So what’s so special about this particular recipe, you ask? It’s made with roasted garlic and bell peppers. And how do I roast my peppers and garlic? Not in the oven, not the grill, not the stove top, not an open fire, but in my favourite kitchen equipment, the air fryer! Here’s what you will need:
- One tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4-5 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 lemon/lime juice
- 1 pod garlic
- 1-2 bell peppers, depending on the size
- Spices of choice (optional)
- Olive oil (optional)
Now the color of the pepper is entirely your choice, they don’t add a great amount of colour to the final Hummus anyway, unless the spices you choose have an overwhelming color, like tumeric.
Also, you don’t have to roast the garlic, you can just do the peppers, but roasting garlic takes its flavour to a whole new level! So if you are going to roast the garlic, you will need the entire pod, like mentioned in the ingredients. But if you decide to use raw garlic, just 2 medium sized cloves will suffice.
- Preheat the airfryer for 3 minutes at 180°C.
- Cut the peppers into half, remove the seeds and toss it into the preheated airfryer along with the garlic cloves for 10 minutes at 180°C.
- Once the 10 minutes have elapsed, the garlic cloves would be done while the peppers would need another 5 minutes at 180°C.
- When those 5 minutes are over, take the peppers out of the basket and let it cool down before you can peel off the skin.
- Then, in the food processor, dump in all your ingredients, including the peeled roasted peppers and roasted garlic. Save about a tablespoon of chickpeas for garnish. Process until it turns into a thick, smooth paste. Add water if required while processing to adjust the consistency.
- Lastly, transfer the hummus from the blender into your serving dish, add the remaining chickpeas, drizzle a teeny tiny bit of olive oil if you desire, and that’s it! You’ve got a simple, yet deliciously smokey roasted hummus, which is an amazing twist to the regular Hummus™!
Although the recipe requires a little time and effort, I promise you, once you make a roasted pepper hummus, you will totally forget about the regular one! Enjoy!
PS. Stay tuned for many more simple recipes, and subscribe for new posts straight in your inbox, if you haven’t already, so that you don’t miss out on anything! 📥