I made a Blueberry Cheesecake the other day, and I figured hmmm, why not make a chocolate cheesecake, most people around me are major fans of chocolate anyway. So I prepped the ingredients, for the cheese layer, that is kept the cashews for soaking, kept the coconut cream in the fridge to firm up and made a lovely date paste.
But when it was time for me to actually make it, I absolutely had no interest in doing the base layer for the cheesecake. So I directly jumped into making the chocolate cheese layer, which, judging from the title, you’ve already figured, ended up being a thick, decadent and creamy melt in your mouth Chocolate Mousse!
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 1 can coconut cream (not milk)
- 1 bar Lindt 70% dark choc, melted
- 1 tbsp date paste (you’d like more, I don’t have that big of a sweet tooth when it comes to desserts)
- A pinch of coarse sea salt
- A little dash of cinnamon
- Topped off with pistachio dust (ground pistachios).
Now all you’ve gotta do is blend until it is completely smooth and creamy, pour into your serving dishes of choice and let it set overnight.💤
PS. Stay tuned for many more simple recipes, and subscribe for new posts straight in your inbox, if you haven’t already, so that you don’t miss out on anything! 📥