Negatives of a Raw Vegan, FRUITARIAN Diet ➖🍑
If you haven’t already, I suggest you read my raw vegan, mostly fruitarian experience first, before reading the cons. Go on, I will wait until you come back!
- The first, and the major one, the only one I have covered in the other post is the number of times you have to visit the restroom. It is literally more than 10 times a day, and I am not even exaggerating. It’s annoying because you are not even drinking much water to begin with, but you are taking out so much! As long as you have access to a washroom, all is good. But once you don’t, you are in trouble. 💦
- Reality hits you. Once you go raw, you realise how ridiculously addicting cooked food happens to be, even the simplest of foods! And you will crave them. Oh boy! The one and only one thing I craved the entire time was steamed veggies, roots and cruciferous specifically. And I don’t even like broccolli! Bleh. Its like the body is saying “Anything will do, even just steamed broc, just give me SOMETHINNGG COOOKEDD!!” 💊
- You can’t numb yourself. There is no cooked food, and cooked food is numbing. That’s the reason it is called comfort food to begin with, isn’t it? Raw is neither comfort food, not numbs you out. Which means, you can’t numb out even a single thing that you numb with cooked food, no numbing emotions, feelings, desires or fears. Your food is raw, your mind will be raw and vulnerable, you will be out of your comfort zone, facing your biggest fears. And this will bring the best out in you. You will be the best version of yourself. And although I have listed this as a con, it eventually is more of a pro. 🌟
- Social situations. I survived them. Somehow. Was awkward. And those are hard to deal with. Especially when you have to explain yourself, forget raw, when people don’t even know and understand the concept of veganism to begin with! -_-
- Sleep. Once the detox phase is over (1-2 weeks, depends), I didn’t really need much sleep, when normally, I sleep alot! Why this is listed as a con is because I FREAKING LOVE SLEEP! And being raw, I had intense amount of energy and a reduced need to sleep. Which is not fair! :'(
- After raw. Things will get messed up. Now raw cleanses inside out. And once you start incorporating cooked, you will notice many many negatives. Mucus, ear wax, eye crust, tongue film, dry skin, dehydration, sluggish digestion, tiredness, etc., to name a few. And I have come to realise that these things are quite normal. Happens when you eat cooked. Which makes me believe that cooked is NOT NORMAL, and raw is what is normal, the way we are designed to eat, whether we want to accept it or not.
Bottomline, in my opinion, the only con to raw is the numerous restroom visits. Oh and also having to answer dumb questions. But that’s about it. The rest of it isn’t even a con to begin with!
Peace out! ✌
Stay tuned for a detailed post on my body’s reaction to its first cooked meal, coming soon! 🔜
Until then, check out my older posts.
And make sure to subscribe, to receive each new post straight in your inbox! 📥