All about Cravings
Do you get Cravings every single time you try to eat healthy or go on a diet?
Do your cravings make you give in and eat things you wanted to avoid?
I’m about to tell you exactly why that happens and how to avoid it. I’ve got you!
Well, I suffered with my cravings for a long long time until I finally decided to get to the root of the problem.
Here are 10 reasons why you “CRAVE”:
- Habitual Eating: Your body is accustomed to certain foods, and cravings may arise from breaking these habits.
- Emotional Triggers: Stress, boredom, or emotional distress can lead to cravings as you seek comfort in familiar foods.
- Nutrient Deficiency: Cravings might signal a deficiency in specific nutrients, like iron or magnesium.
- Deprivation: Restricting certain foods can make them more appealing, leading to cravings.
- Hormonal Changes: Hormonal fluctuations, such as during menstruation, can trigger cravings for sweets and carbohydrates.
- Social Pressure: Social situations or peer influence can prompt cravings for unhealthy foods.
- Lack of Satiety: Diets low in fiber may not leave you feeling full, leading to cravings for more food.
- Food Advertising: Exposure to enticing food advertisements can stimulate cravings, DUH!
- Sensory Appeal: Cravings often arise from the visual, smell, and taste cues of appealing foods.
- Brain Chemistry: The brain’s reward center can be activated by certain foods, creating a desire for them.
Understanding these factors can help you manage and overcome cravings while sticking to your diet.
Here are a few tips I implemented, and you can too when you get those cravings:
- Stay Hydrated: Drink water to ensure you’re not mistaking thirst for hunger.
- Plan your Meals: Prepare nutritious meals and snacks in advance to avoid impulsive choices.
- Balanced Diet: Opt for a well-balanced diet that includes all essential nutrients.
- Mindful Eating: Pay attention to hunger cues and eat slowly to savor your food.
- Manage Stress: Find healthy ways to cope with stress, such as meditation or exercise. This works like a charm!
- Keep Healthy Snacks: Stock your home with nutritious options for when cravings strike.
- Support System: Seek support from friends or a dietitian to stay on track. (I always say this. Want to reach out? I am here for you, just a DM away!)
- Moderation: Allow occasional healthy indulgences to satisfy cravings without derailing your diet.
- Distract Yourself: Engage in activities that divert your attention from cravings.
- Stay Positive: Maintain a positive mindset and focus on your long-term health goals. Never forget your WHY.
I hope this helped you!
Feel free to get in touch if you need help regarding this.
Did you know, you can get on a FREE one-on-one call with me?
Simply hop on to my website and book a consultation session, completely FREE!