Raw Blueberry Lime Cheesecake
I am celebrating the two year mark since beginning my weight loss journey, and what better way to celebrate than dessert? Right? ✨
Now this is not your regular typical sugar loaded crazy dairy cheesecake, let me warn you. This happens to be a raw vegan cheesecake that you can whip up any time, and trust me when I say this, it will vanish pretty quickly! 🏃
Let’s dive right into the recipe.
For the Crust, you will need:
- 1 cup of soft dates, pitted (soaking hard ones overnight does the trick)
- 1/2 cup of raw almonds (you can use any nuts you prefer, walnuts do great, cashews are amazing, hazelnuts are delicious too, or just mix them up and use EVERYTHING!)
For the Filling, you will need:
- 2 cups of soaked cashews (soak ’em overnight)
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 1 cup blueberries (you can do more or less here, your choice)
- Sweetener of choice (completely optional, I didn’t use any)
- Dump the ingredients for the base in a food processor until it comes together and forms a dough. Now press this into a pan of choice (lined with cling/parchment) and refrigerate while you prepare your filling.
- In a blender, toss in the cashews, lime juice,and your sweetener. Blend it until smooth and creamy.
- Take the filling out into a bowl and stir in the lime zest and blueberries. Save some blueberries for topping off at the end if you want.
- Pour the filling onto the crust, spread it out evenly, give it a good couple of taps on the table to get any air out and let it set in the freezer for a few hours.
- Let it thaw out at room temperature or in the refrigerator for a while before serving (if you have that patience, or just eat it frozen like I did, I have zero patience).
- Don’t forget to enjoy, and save yourself some before serving it to others or you probably will get none, I warned you!
Seriously though guys, eating clean is waaay easier than you think. Eat the way nature designed us to eat. Eat clean and our bodies will thank us later. 🙏🌱💚
Take care! 👋